I'd like to meet him some time, I think, but he's a bit funny-looking, don't you think? Turtle Fan 14:04, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
A bit....TR 15:27, 8 June 2007 (UTC)
The English lit major in me bristles a bit at the idea of assuming at the Narrator of the story is in fact HT. On the other hand, it probably is accurate in this case. TR 01:23, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
- You were an English lit major? Huh, news to me.
- On balance of evidence, it could go either way. Consider, though: Reading this story was painful!! The possibility of making mocking articles like this was the only thing that kept me from screaming. Turtle Fan 01:44, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh. You win. (And I double-majored.) TR 01:48, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Read the article on Rufus. He wasn't the POV (this story really didn't have one; HT would come closest to qualifying) but he was the main character and every piece of the story except perhaps the introduction involves him. So I made his article a summary for the whole story. Read it and imagine it going on and on for ten full pages. . . .
- Your knowledge of English lit has come in handy around here many times, so I'm glad you double-majored. Turtle Fan 02:41, February 10, 2010 (UTC)
Should 'the followers of Harry Turtledove are called Turtledovians' be allowed to stay. And yes,he does look funny...
18.104.22.168 20:59, May 14, 2013 (UTC)Zhukov15
Johnathan edited the sentence on Turteltaub to read "the pseudonym "H.N. Turteltaub" (a literal German translation of his surname)". I don't have a problem, as such, but Turteltaub is the original German version of HT's surname and Turtledove is the literal translation. Suggestions on rewording this? ML4E (talk) 16:02, July 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Probably "the original German version of his now Anglicized surname". Something like that. TR (talk) 16:07, July 27, 2015 (UTC)
HT interview, June 2020Edit
A new interview with HT was just released. Not terribly informative, and HT mixes and matches the names of two characters from different series.Matthew Babe Stevenson (talk) 18:58, June 26, 2020 (UTC)