Welcome to the Harry Turtledove Wiki
An encyclopedia of the works of Harry Turtledove that anyone can edit. Harry Turtledove, famed author in the genre of alternate history. These articles can include information about both the historical person and the alternate version(s) Turtledove creates in his fantastic stories. We also have articles on his novels, stories and other writings -- he's written numerous works of historical fiction, fantasy, and science fiction in addition to his alternate history works.Fan-fic and speculative writing should be kept in user blogs only!
These categories are probably the most interesting to first-time visitors.
What's new on Turtledove
- November 30, 2020
- "No Period" is available at Tor.com. Expect spoilers in the near future.
- September 22, 2020
- And the Last Trump Shall Sound, containing "The Breaking of Nations" is released today. Expect spoilers in the near future.
- April 24, 2020
- "The Talking Cat" is published at Patreon. Expect spoilers in the near future.
- February 19, 2020
- "Manuscript Tradition" is published at Tor.com. Expect spoilers in the near future.
- February 4, 2020
- Straight Outta Dodge City, containing "Junior and Me", is released in both paperwork and ebook formats. Expect spoilers in the new future.
- January 8, 2020
- Three stories, "Something Fishy", "Always Something New" and "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" are available at Tor.com Expect spoilers in the near future.
- December 13, 2019
- January/February 2020 issue Analog containing "The Quest for the Great Grey Mossy", is released in ebook format with some retailers, Magazine edition was released on December 19, 2019. Expect spoilers in the near future.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
How to Edit
The Most important Rules
While the nature of writing about fictional works requires a certain amount of flexibility, ad hoc decision making, and some policies may be subject to change, we have two cardinal rules we observe here:
- When writing articles about the characters or events of a work, write in past-tense, and in-universe
- Stay within the parameters of what Turtledove actually put on the page! No speculating. Fan-fic should be for blogs only!
Follow these, and you should be fine.
For more information on formatting, see our Policies page.
Victor Radcliff was one of the most important figures in the history of the United States of Atlantis. He was a major in the British Atlantean colonial army during the French and Spanish War. His actions were critical to the defeat of France and the expansion of British power in Atlantis. A generation later, he led the rebelling Atlanteans to military victory during the Atlantean War of Independence. Shortly after, he became one of the first Consuls of Atlantis, serving jointly with Isaac Fenner.
Create these articles
These are articles that have been linked but haven't been created yet:
Expand these articles
See the Stub category for articles that have been created, but still need more content.
Historical Figures need pics
Some articles about Historical figures require pictures of the subject. Please feel free to add photos, drawings, paintings, etc.
Help build templates
We need help creating and/or improving templates. Here's what we have right now: Category:Templates.
Alternate history wikis
- Alternative History Wiki, a creative writing wiki for people who write AH stories.
These are some of the wikis dedicated to other AH authors:
These are some of the wikis dedicated to authors and/or works that influenced Turtledove. Turtledove has even written works set in their respective canons.