This category contains characters who held the title of Baron in various countries' nobility. The German title Freiherr is usually translated as Baron, so Freiherren are included here as well.
In the novel A World of Difference, the human characters determine that a Minervan domain-master is roughly equivalent in rank and role to a feudal baron, so that title is included as a sub-category of this one.
All items (42)
- Francis Bacon, 1st Viscount Saint Alban
- William Aitken, 1st Baron Beaverbrook
- Norman Birkett, 1st Baron Birkett
- Wernher von Braun
- Arthur Harris, 1st Baronet
- Sir Thomas Hoo IV, Lord of Hoo and Hastings
- William Howe, 5th Viscount Howe